Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

This was my first Thanksgiving away from my family and I daresay it turned out quite well! We planned for our friends to come over the day after Thanksgiving for a pot luck dinner since many of us are without family in the city. Megan and I spent Thanksgiving day cleaning and getting every thing ready, but we did manage to make a nice little Thanksgiving dinner of Buffalo wings for ourselves.

It took a lot of prep time to get our apartment ready for guests.
We did a lot of cleaning:
Some crafting: 

Some food prep: 
I cheated and ordered Boston Market sweet potato casserole

Megan did not cheat and made pie! Pumpkin and Pecan! 
A little bit of Decorating:
My dollar store center pieces turned out quite nicely indeed
And it all turned out to be worth it because out apartment was incredibly quaint when everyone arrived:


All in all it was a lot of fun! There was too much delicious food, some really incredible friends, and so much to be thankful for! 
I have only known these crazy kids for 6 months but I couldn't be more thankful for them in my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment