Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Shivering

It's hard enough coming home from vacation and being unemployed, but Chicago made it so much harder with it's -12º feels like -40º temperatures. Did anyone really expect me to leave the comfort and warmth of my bed? 
Sunday was cold, snowy, gray, and windy
Monday was so cold it actually hurt to be outside. It felt like someone with a million little frozen razor blades was having a party on my thighs! 
But hey Chicago! At least it was sunny, you win some and you lose some! 
I did leave my house, but only to go to the bank, my brief venture out into the world persuaded me to set aside all other responsibilities and set up camp in my room, under three blankets, with my computer, iPad, and phone. I am not sure exactly how many hours of television I watched, but I watched the entire season of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and half of the season of The Sing Off. I also played an exorbitant amount of Candy Crush and Tiny Wings. 

Today I will get out of my warm and cozy cocoon of happiness and attempt to face the world. I have a To Do list a mile long and a case of cabin fever that could rival Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson from The Shining).

I mean look at the resemblance: 


But all joking aside I am going to get out of bed, make myself some buttered noodles (because I am an adult and I can), and find something to do with myself today. The Rail has all you can eat Spaghetti and $5 glasses of wine tonight, if anyone wants to join me... 

Stay warm everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment