Friday, December 5, 2014

Liebster Award

I got nominated by Becky from BeckyBoop for the Liebster Award, which is an award given out by bloggers to other bloggers for being awesome and usually geared towards newer bloggers! (Say "bloggers" one more time in that sentence!)


Here are the rules:

-Link back to the blogger who nominated you
-Answer all of their questions
-Write 11 facts about yourself
-Link 11 blogs with less than 200 followers and tell them you have nominated them
-Ask 11 questions of the people that you nominated

Hold on to your pants team this is going to be a lot of information about me, and there is no stopping it!

Questions from Becky

1. If you could live in any book universe, where would you choose?
My immediate reaction to this question is Narnia. Is it cliche? Maybe, but I am sticking with it... it's so gosh darn pretty there!

2. What is the most odd term of endearment that you have used for someone, or that someone has used for you? 
Well, I have used some pretty weird terms of endearment in the past and present and to avoid any seriously lasting embarrassment I am going to go with some of the ways that I address the little girl that I nanny. I like to make up new nick names for her all the time so here are some of my favorites: Pumpkin Pie Face, Mocha Choca Latta, Yoga Baby, Giggle Butt, Tortellini, Poopy Pants, Pooper Scooper, Buga Boo, this list could go on and on.

3. Snap Question: Zombie apocalypse! First weapon that comes to mind? 
Axe...

4. If you were a vegetable what would you be and why? 
Romanesco... Because you've probably never heard of me!

5. Do you have any tips or tricks to posting regularly? 
I don't necessarily post regularly. I try to post a couple times a week even if one of them is just about my week or something fun that I did. Then I try to come up with another post of something more creative and comedic. It doesn't always work... but what cha gunna do? 

6. What is your families most important Christmas tradition? 
I wish it didn't say the word "important" because I think the best holiday tradition we have is our annual foosball tournament. Which pits everyone against each other and always ends up with my little brother winning. But that's not as "important" as having lasagna every year, come hell or high water, we will be eating my Dad's lasagna! 

7. Do you have an outfit or item of clothing that you have owned for a long time but rarely wear? 
Yes, I do. I own a sweatshirt from when I was 6 years old and started swimming on the neighborhood summer swim team (so if I am doing my math correctly that is a 17 year old sweatshirt). The miraculous thing about this sweatshirt is that it fits me! My mom bought the sweatshirt about a million sizes too big when I was a kid so I could fit my whole body inside of it while at meets. Lo and behold I perfectly grew into it. 

8. State a favorite character. Now explain what kind of underwear they would wear. 
Scarlet O'Hara. Historically speaking she would be wearing all those crazy petticoats, bloomers, corsets, and such. But I would like to think that Scarlet O'Hara is actually wearing days of the week underwear and always the correct day of the week is being represented. 

9. If you could add one hour to your day what would you do with it? 
My initial reaction was to say "What couldn't I do with it! I could be so much more productive if I had an extra hour every day!" But, lets be real, I would just sleep an extra hour. 

10. What do you want to achieve by the end of 2014?
Seeing as I only have 28 days left, being a realist, I would say very little. But last year for New Years I came up with this project idea to do an improvised painting project. I really loved the idea but I have yet to actually do a single one. So maybe I can do one before the end of the year. 

11. If you could be any Harry Potter character who would you be? 
If we are basing this on personality I would be Hermione Granger, if you know me this is so explanatory. If we were picking based purely on who would be the most fun to be, I would say Luna Lovegood.... obviously! 

11 facts about me! 
  • Christmas is my favorite time of year. And for me Christmas season starts early to mid-October!
  • I dislike chocolate dairy products; chocolate milk, pudding, ice cream, hot chocolate, etc... But I love just having a bar of chocolate
  • I never get sick of talking about improv and comedy in Chicago... hope you don't get sick of hearing about it
  • I am currently picking fingernail polish off my fingers... cuz that's what I do. 
  • I got head shots taken a few weeks back and I finally settled on which ones to get edited and I am so stoked for you all to see them! 
  • I love the winter and all snow and winter activities
  • But my favorite part of winter is cuddling up with a bunch of blankets and a hot cup of tea. 
  • I have recently started being obsessed with red lipstick, and I am liking the drastic change. 
  • I have been known to talk in my sleep and even on occasion sleep walk. 
  • I am super freaking proud of my girlfriend who just got cast in Twisty, the House Ensemble team at Second City!!  
  • This section, by far, took me the longest to write. 

People I am nominating: 


Now it's your turn! Answer these questions!

1. What makes you smile? 
2. What is a secret talent you have? 
3. What is your biggest challenge when it comes to blogging?
4. When you are stressed or upset what makes you feel better?
5. Who is your favorite literary character and why? 
6. What movie have you never seen that everyone else has seen and would be appalled that you haven't? 
7. What is your favorite smell?
8. Tuna or egg salad? 
9. Where is some place you never want to visit again? 
10. What is the most strange, weird, exotic, or disgusting food you have ever eaten?
11. It's a rainy Sunday afternoon... What are you doing? 

Thanks for sticking it out till the end! Here is a picture of a couple cute puppies to say thanks! 







7 comments:

  1. Damn straight i always win foosball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better watch your back! You never know when you could be dethroned!

      Delete
  2. That sweatshirt was the most worthwhile article of clothing I ever bought you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, thanks for the love girl. I've been an absentee blogger lately. Maybe I will get around to posting and answering these questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so I would love to see what you answer! Hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  4. Great answers! Thank you for posting :)

    ReplyDelete