Sunday, January 3, 2016

Dear Diary

It's been exactly one year since my last blog posting. I am clearly incredibly successful at keeping a blog alive.
My blog has essentially become one of my old diaries from elementary school:


Dear Diary,
I know it's been a while since I have written, but I promise to write everyday this year. Promise.

Dear Diary,
Screw it.... We both know I am a failure when it comes to any sort of daily writing, so why even try?

So, Let me catch you up on this past year in a series of retroactive Diary entries reminiscent of my early days as a failed writer.

January 2015
Dear Diary
On Hiatus performed in Sketchfest this month. It was a blast! Bonus: my mom came to visit!

February 2015
Dear Diary
I have been unemployed this whole month. It's been a bummer except I have been watching some excellent television on Netflix.


March 2015
Dear Diary,
I got a job teaching swim lessons. I graduated from the Second City Conservatory... my Mom, Dad, Sister, and Grandma came to see my graduation performance. March was a big month for me.


April 2015
Dear Diary,
On Hiatus is writing a new show called Retro Lens, but what does that even mean?


May 2015
Dear Diary,
Opened and closed Retro Lens with On Hiatus
P.S. Marketing is hard.


June 2015
Dear Diary,
Did this month even happen?


July 2015
Dear Diary,
Spent my birthday in Detroit with my dad's family. Introduced Megan to the craziness that is a Forest Family gathering. Good news, I haven't scared her off... Yet.
Forest Family tradition, Pirate mini golf



August 2015

Dear Diary,
2 weeks in sunny San Diego with Megan and her family. Plus, Disneyland with Willie, what more could a girl ask for.


September 2015
Dear Diary,
Opened a new show with On Hiatus called Autumn Shorts: a Night of 10 Minute Plays.




October 2015
Dear Diary,
Quite my job. Unemployment really suits me well.
Closed a new show with On Hiatus called Autumn Shorts: a Night of 10 Minute Plays
P.S. Marketing is really really hard
My Dad and I went to my cousins wedding in Detroit! 

November 2015
Dear Diary,
Started a new job taking care of two precious and rambunctious girls (5months and 2.5 years)

December 2015
Dear Diary,
On Hiatus is writing yet another sketch show for Sketchfest 2016!!!


I am resurrecting this blog because I forgot how great it is to have a writing outlet that isn't some sort of serious project. I just need to write more and think less.

However, do not take this as any sort of "resolution" that I will be writing every day or every week or even every month. Who knows this could end up being a blog that only consists of a yearly recap. Let's set our standards low and then chances are we will exceed them.

NOTE: I wrote this and meant to post it on January 1st... Clearly I am already off to a good start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment