Sunday, October 13, 2013

On the Prowl

Here we are on the hunt for a job, yet again. Don't worry... I didn't get fired... But my job will be ending in a month. So I  have been hitting the nanny applications hard. So far I have applied for 35 new jobs. And I have had a few bites. The past couple weeks I have had 4 interviews and 2 more scheduled for this week.

One job in particular stands out as being absolutely terrifying! The family has two daughters and they want someone who will speak spanish to them. Now despite the fact that I have no where on my profile listed that I speak spanish they wanted to talk to me. To be fair I have taken 5years of Spanish in high school and college, but I am by no means conversational (what does that say about our education system's language programs... or my inability to learn a language). Anyway, while they seem like a lovely family and in many respects a good fit I am not sure if I can function speaking only in spanish at work.

In a totally different job avenue I have applied for a job at the Goodman Theatre as their Young Performer Supervisor for A Christmas Carol. It would be a great job for me as a stage manager who also takes care of children. It would be combining two of my greatest strengths!! Not only that but it would be great for my professional resume. Unfortunately, due to my improv classes and rehearsals/performances, it would pose a bit of a scheduling problem. But I figure I would apply anyway and just see what happens.

Wish me luck as I am embark on one of adulthoods least fun adventures, The Epic Job Hunt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment