Friday, June 28, 2013

An (almost) Perfect Friday Afternoon

Finding a job is really tough, and looking for a nanny job requires me sitting behind my computer all day constantly trying to persuade parents to let me take care of their children. ( I have already fill out over 60 applications for full time and par time nanny jobs). This intense amount of sitting on my butt in my house often times alone has made me a bit antsy. So today I knew I needed to go out and do something but I wasn't entirely sure what.

I thought maybe I would go for a run... but that seemed like an awful lot of work.
I thought maybe I will go down town to the Navy Pier or out to the lake... but that was a long commute.
I thought about maybe taking my paints to the park and painting... but carrying all the stuff for painting wouldn't be easy.

So after thinking about it for a while (having yet to even get out of bed and make breakfast) I thought, well we didn't get to do a lot of drawing with ink in Drawing and Rendering so maybe I will walk down to the park and just walk around and become inspired to draw something and then I will just sit in the park and experiment with the ink drawings, pack myself a nice picnic lunch and make an afternoon of it.

There were a couple of unforeseen issues with this plan.

At first things were going great! The park is beautiful I am thinking of things I want to draw and how I want to do it. There are people out walking their dogs, playing with their kids, even fishing.





I start looking for a place to sit and start drawing and I realize that there are no picnic tables, plenty of park benches but no picnic tables. Which is odd. 

I walk through 2 different parks and I can't find a single picnic table. So I finally decide I will just sit on a park bench and eat my lunch and go home and draw. 

I take out my sandwich open my chips. I am enjoying my lunch and I see this little squirrel sneaking up to me. First, I don't think anything of it then all of a sudden.... 


He's up on the park bench scooting closer and closer to me. Clearly unafraid of me and clearly tamed by the innumerable members of society that have fed him from their picnic lunches.

After a couple of attempts to shoo him, which just perplexed him more than anything I packed up my lunch and decided for a squirrel free lunch at my own house. 

I ate my lunch in peace and drew a little when I got home. Ink is hard and stippling is time consuming. 

Mostly I just realized how great the parks are right around our house! 
And that makes this Colorado Girl pretty happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment