Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I'm in love with Improv

I love doing improv! I love watching Improv! I love talking about Improv! I love thinking about Improv! I love improv!

We started classes at The Second City yesterday. We saw a free improv show the first week were here,  one last night after class,  saw the Improv Allstars show, and then decided to stick around for the free improv show again. I feel like any questions or doubts that I had in my mind that I made the wrong choice or I would be in over my head were just completely dissolved in the last few days.
Megan and I at Up Comedy Club for Improv Allstars
(We actually got to see our teacher perform in the show tonight!!)
I was sitting in the Mainstage theater today waiting for them to start their improv set and I just realized I felt like I was at home, I feel like I belong here!

Class yesterday was great! I didn't realize really how much I missed doing improv until we were there playing games and doing scene work. I wasn't nearly as nervous as I thought I would be, the class was filled with a lot of people our age who had recently graduated from college and loved doing improv. It couldn't have been more perfect!

We talked about ensemble and being able to work together with your ensemble and your scene partner to be able to give and take equally. We told stories about Blue Dragons, a Purple Piccolo Player, and Gazebos. We made friends with some fun people Vellon, Adrian, Nathan, Jessie, etc... AND the best part of it was... all my fears about being in a level that was too advanced for me, or being in a level that was to basic for me, or not getting along with the people in the class were proven completely wrong in one class!

I can't wait for class on Thursday!

Megan, Travis, and I ready for our first day of school!
My official Second City ID Card, with it I can get into shows for free/discounted!! 

Let the summer of improv commence!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment