Sunday, January 19, 2014

On Hiatus Improv

Normally I carry a notebook around with me in case inspiration strikes, I have time to write, or I just need to jot something down, but the past couple of days I have misplaced it, which has been most inconvenient. And naturally while babysitting yesterday, after I put Des to bed, I though I would sit down and write a blog post.. only one problem, I couldn't find any blank paper to write on. The only thing I could find was a giant coloring book, so I ripped out a page to write on the back of... and instead I started coloring the picture and intermittently writing when I felt the need to do so.

This is Bernadine the kick ass dragon... that I need to finish!
Amazing opportunities continue to present themselves to me and it so reassuring! It isn't always easy taking a giant leap of faith and moving to a new city to try and pursue life as a comedian, as a matter of fact it feels down right crazy sometimes, but then there are some weeks that just make you realize that it might be crazy but it is so worth it. In addition to my new job, new class, and new yoga routine (and yes, in case you are wondering, I have started it and I love it!) our old improv group is making a come back as is my old coached ensemble! My close group of friends here in Chicago all met through our Improv For Actors class this summer and decided to to continue working together as an improv group, however we all got busy so it was hard to find time to get together, rehearse, and book shows. But with the new year we have decided to give it a go again, and this time we have a name! That's right, we are called On Hiatus (And you can like us on Facebook HERE or follow us on twitter at @onhiatusimprov) and we already have three shows booked for February (talk about making a comeback!!). If you live in Chicago come and check us out February 4th and 11th at The Lab at AJ Hudson's at 8:00pm and February 6th at Back Room Comedy at 8:00pm.

In addition Jessica Mitolo, our coach from The Jessicas, emailed us to see if we would be interested in opening for Twisty, one of the house ensembles at Second City! Which is amazing because we all loved playing together so much and we wanted to keep doing things together! So for only $12 ($6 for Second City students) you can come see The Jessicas and Second City House Ensemble, Twisty, perform on Saturday February 15th at 9:00pm in the De Maat Theatre.

Ok I will cease with the shameless plugging of my upcoming events. I am just so stoked to be doing improv with some of my favorite people again! I am also just excited to be busy again... nothing like running out of things to watch on Hulu.

In other news I did start doing some of the yoga from the DVD that I bought and even though I have only done it twice I already love it and I am excited to continue.

So I guess you could say I am just full of excitement from how 2014 is going for me already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment