Monday, February 17, 2014

Don't Snow on My Parade

Look at this weather!
I can't help but wonder if winter will ever end (it feels a little bit like I should just pack up all my shorts and t-shirts and send them to someplace more hopeful). I have never lived in a place where the snow isn't immediately melted by the sun 2 days later. I love the snow... but the snow wont even give me a chance to miss it (I mean come on... absence makes the heart grow fonder).

But look at this epic snow fort that we stumbled upon recently!


In other news this weather hasn't stopped me from performing in a couple different venues with some incredibly talented improvisers. Just this month I have performed 3 times so far with On Hiatus twice at The Lab at AJ Hudson's and once at Back Room Comedy. And tonight we will be performing at Underground Lounge at 8:00. It has been amazing growing with this group of people since June. And now we are rehearsing new forms and playing together weekly!

Additionally my old coached ensemble The Jessicas opened for the House Ensemble Twisty at Second City on Saturday night and had an absolute blast!! It was so exhilarating to be performing in front of a packed house and under the bright stage lights of the DeMaat Theatre. This group of people are so incredibly talented and so much fun to be around. We had the best show ever, and I truly think that it was some of the best improvisation I have EVER done! I can't wait to get to continue to play with these incredible people.

I have been so blessed this month with so many opportunities both in the improv as well as the theatre community. I only have two official classes left at Second City before I take a brief break, so I am thrilled to have The Jessicas and On Hiatus to play with. I need to get my improv fix somewhere and I am so glad I can get my fix with these remarkably and supportive groups.



No comments:

Post a Comment