Friday, February 21, 2014

It's the Circle of LIfe



It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

You  might be asking yourself why I started this post with the lyrics to The Circle of Life from Disney's The Lion King. And you know that is a great question... and to be honest the answer is very simple because life is a circle, my life is a circle, hence It's the Circle of Life! 

Did that not make it clear enough? Ok, let me start at the beginning... 

On July 18, 1991 a bright, beautiful, smart, and talented baby girl was born... 

Ok maybe not that far back. But I will take you back exactly one year from today. It was Friday February 22, 2013 and I was getting ready to open my very first show as a stage manager, Dead Man's Cell Phone, at Northern Arizona University. I sat with my beautifully organized, color-coded prompt book. I checked in with my whole team. I peeked out of the booth checking to make sure that my father made it to the correct place on time. And then I started my first actual show as the Big Number 1, you could just call me Ms. Stage Manager. That's right at exactly 8:02 (according to my handy dandy performance report) I called "Q23 GO." 


Fast forward to RIGHT NOW!! I received in the mail my contract for my first contracted full time professional job at an award winning regional theatre. I know that I had a job at The Goodman Theatre, but I was just a replacement for the last 3 weeks of the show so for the sake of technicality, metaphors, and my circle we are going to say that this is my first professional theatre job. For those of you who don't know I will be the Young Performer Supervisor for In the Garden at The Lookingglass Theatre starting in March. 
In case you are wondering, yes... that is white out because even though I am 22 I incorrectly wrote down both my social and my phone number... 
I guess you could say I am slowly finding my "place in the path unwinding."

Bonus Picture (because now I am suffering from nostalgia): 
Bonus Fact: Miss Alli (on the right of me) just moved to Chicago!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment