Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Colorado Christmas

After A Christmas Carol closed on Saturday I flew home Sunday morning to get to spend some time with my family and have a belated Christmas and gift exchange.


Sunday night when I arrived we had a gift exchange with my immediate family!

It was a Second City/Wyoming University sort of Christmas! 


I thankfully received the luggage that I asked for, because otherwise I would not have had enough space to take everything back to Chicago with me. I was also lucky enough to receive so many things to keep me warm this winter in Chicago (gloves, scarves, sweatshirts, and blankets). 


It was so great to be home with family, it finally really felt like Christmas. My parents made my favorite meal for dinner (spaghetti, greek salad, and of course wine!). It was the first time in weeks that I felt like I could really relax and unwind. I had nothing to worry about doing, cleaning, or being late to. 

After dinner I met up with a couple of old friends from childhood. Maria and Christine are some of my oldest friends and no matter how long it has been since we have talked we always pick right back up from where we left off. We headed to Starbucks after dinner but were kicked out at 10:00 when they closed and in an attempt to continue talking to each other and catching up we ended up just sitting in the car for 2 hours in front of their houses. 

As far as the rest of the week I look forward to sleeping in, relaxing, and eating a lot of home cooked meals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment