Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekend Update

I had a wonderful action-packed but, thankfully, it was also relaxing weekend!

Megan and Courtney had a childhood friend, Rachel, in town visiting so we went out and did a lot of fun stuff! Friday night we went to the iO Theatre to see Improvised Shakespeare. I hadn't yet seen a show in the new iO building so it was really great to see the new space and laugh my butt off in a fabulous show!!


Before the show! 
Before the show we went The Burger Bar, which was a very cool little bar and restaurant with a huge delicious looking list of gourmet burgers. Unfortunately I had already eaten so I got a "boozy" vanilla malt milk shake with Bailey's in it.
And it was so delicious!
Saturday was a nice lazy morning and afternoon followed by a delicious home cooked meal by Rachel. And after that I got together with some of my friends from my class, we drank margaritas, played board games and ate left over halloween candy! I even won trivial pursuit... and I never win any games especially Trivial Pursuit!
Nick making margaritas!


Sunday we went to the Museum of Science and Industry. I have been wanting to go since I moved here to Chicago and finally we went. I had so much fun and took so many pictures I can't post them all here. But here are some of my favorite parts!
The building is the last remaining building from the Chicago World's Fair of 1893
The Chick Hatchery... I got caught up here for a while watching these little buggers enter the world! 
The exhibit about the German U-Boats was pretty fantastic including an actual U-Boat! 
Megan enjoyed the Farming exhibit, as you can see! 

I think the best exhibit of all though was the one all about Walt Disney. It talked all bout Walt Disney and his rise as an animator in Hollywood, his animation process as well as his animation studio, the imagineering of Disneyland, and they even had an area where you could learn to draw the characters! 

The original book used for the beginning of Snow White!! 

Guys, I drew Mickey!! 

After the Museum, since we were on the south side and I have heard that all the good southern style comfort food is on the south side we headed over to Chicago's Home of Chicken and Waffles and ate ourselves sick with fried chicken, candied yams, collard greens, corn bread, etc... I wont have to eat for days after that meal. And unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures, but boy was it amazing!!

Last night we played Mexican Train before Rachel has to leave today to go back to California. And in true Emily fashion I lost gloriously by over 200 points, because when I lose; I lose with style!!

I finally got to do a bunch of things I have been wanting to do in Chicago this weekend and I got to do it with so many great people!


4 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like a fun weekend. How fun! I want margaritas & a milkshake with Bailey's. It makes my coffee delish, I can imagine what it could do to my icecream! I'm glad you had a great weekend, it looked like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never actually had bailey's before but it made my milkshake extra creamy and kind of taste like eggnog!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. hahaha, well usually my weekends aren't nearly so exciting!

      Delete