Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"All Hell Will Break Loose"

I don't really believe in superstitions. The whole idea of something bad happening if I do or do not do something is hard for me to buy into.

But ritual and tradition closely parallel the idea of superstitions. And I do have one ritual, so to speak, before every performance or audition. I like to take a moment and close my eyes collect myself and actually pray. I am not a super religious person, organized religion isn't exactly my jam, since my "coming out" its hard to buy into a religion that doesn't necessarily buy into me. But all that aside, I do still believe in most of the teachings of the bible (my faith is just my own now). And I like to take a moment before performances to thank God for my talents and passions and for giving me these opportunities to share them with other people.

And just for funsies here are some photos from my college improv team:

 
 

 
 

"All hell will break loose!"



Linking up with Taylor and Helene for Blogtober day 28!!



2 comments:

  1. I tend not to buy into superstitions either, just 2 that have to do with showing horses. But I am like you, I have rituals which some might think are superstitions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it depends on how you define a superstition! Thanks for reading!

      Delete