Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Best Halloween Memory

First of all I am on Bloglovin now, I think!!  Follow me and if for some reason I did it wrong let me know!

Halloween was one of my favorite holidays as a child! I can't actually remember having a bad one! (Well that's not entirely true, my freshman year of college I ended up falling asleep while watching Nightmare Before Christmas because nobody wanted to go out and do anything with me.) But that is besides the point because childhood Halloweens were the greatest. Trick or Treating in our neighborhood was like a game that, by the time we were in middle school, we had mastered. We had the neighborhood mapped out with a plan of action year to year. We knew which houses to hit early in the night because they had king sized candy bars that went fast, which houses to hit later in the night because they would want to get rid of the candy they had left, which houses to skip entirely, and when to go home and make a candy dump grab a snack and head back out. We would each haul in over 10 pounds of candy! Plus, in my neighborhood it was totally acceptable to go trick or treating even in high school so long as you dressed up and put an effort into your costume!
Senior Year!
I don't even think I have a favorite halloween though! All of them have such good memories for me! 

Forest Family Halloween Traditions: 
-Almost every year we would choose a pumpkin from my dad's garden, and on a good year there were pumpkins for all of our cousins as well.
And other years apparently only a few measly green ones
We are clearly a very photogenic family
-Sometimes we had big block parties for carving pumpkins.

-My mom always had a big taco bar at our house and all of our friends would come over for tacos before going out Trick or Treating.
-If we Trick or Treated to often at our own house my mother would start giving us fruit. 
-And at the end of the night organizing, trading, and eating our loot! 

#TBT I don't have any pictures from earlier than my junior year in high school because none of our old photographs on film are digital but I will provide you with a list of some of my favorite Halloween costumes. 
-Witch
-Hippie Fairy
-Baby
-Dorothy
- M&M (or Em & Em, with my friend Emilee)
-Four Peas in a Pod (with 3 friends)
-A Thingamajig (my best friend was a Thingamabob)


Last year I was Rachel Berry from Glee... Still haven't decided what to be this year, and time is running out. 



4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Your Halloween memories sound exactly how I want mine to be!! Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your halloween evening sound amazing, especially the Taco bar!! & I also mentioned not having any of the pictures on the computer!

    Diana | Life in German

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a neat tradition!! i love the pumpkin picking and so cool that your dad grew them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I wish my family and a Halloween tradition. They consider me too old to trick or treat since I'm a senior in high school now. But I still go anyway;)

    xx,
    Katie Petty
    theparisianwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete