Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blogtober14: If I won the Lottery

Hey guys! I decided to embark on this really cool and super challenging project called #Blogtober14 which a a blogging challenge coordinated by my good friend Taylor and her fellow blogger Helene! The challenge consists of 31 blogging prompts to help encourage creativity to write a different blog post every single day for the entire month of October!


Seeing as I have been trying to challenge myself to write more I figured this would be a great opportunity to combat writers block and motivate myself to committing time every day to write. So for the following month I will be writing in accordance with the prompts provided by Taylor and Helene! I am so excited for this I even stopped watching the season premiere of Once Upon a Time to start writing... and that's huge!!


So let's get this show on the rode: 
If I won the lottery... Honestly, I would probably start out with some pretty responsible spending plans. I would most definitely pay off my student loans and credit card debt. It would be tough to enjoy a bunch of new fancy things if the government still has a hold over me for trying to get a higher education. I would meet with a financial planner and get some money invested for future use.  I would travel a little, and maybe send my parents on a fun trip or two and thank them for always supporting me and slipping me money so as to make sure I eat. Well that's enough responsible stuff for now.

I have always thought that if I had a lot of money, aside from spending it on a decent wardrobe and maybe some bedsheets that don't look like I just graduated from high school, I would invest in being creative without the strain of financial worries. Wouldn't it be fantastic if I didn't have to nanny to feed myself and keep a roof over my head. 

I think my days would look something like this: 
9:00am- Wake up, make breakfast and drink a cup of tea while reading a book
9:45am- Shower and get ready
10:30am- Paint, sketch, draw, etc... (and of course because I won the lottery I would have my own art studio)
1:00pm-Make lunch
1:30pm- Write
3:30pm- Play musical instruments, write songs (again, because I have won the lottery I will have several musical instruments including but not limited to a piano and a guitar. And of course I will have paid for lessons so that I can play them all really well). 
5:30pm- Start making a delicious and nutritious dinner for myself and whomever else would like to join me. 
Then I would be free to spend my evenings and nights hanging out with friends attending rehearsals, classes, shows, and whatever else strikes my fancy. 

In hindsight after typing this I realized that I would never adhere to such a strict creative schedule. But the idea is there. I would spend my time creating art, traveling the world, learning things I never had time or money for before, and enjoying the small things in life. I might even publish a book, write a few songs, and put my art up in a gallery somewhere.

I also think that with the right amount of money it would be super awesome to renovate an old theatre (kind of like the old Uptown movie theater) and transform it into a bunch different theatre spaces for all different types of artists to showcase their work. There would be art by local artists in the lobby, a couple different theaters in different styles to suit different types of shows, and rehearsal spaces that groups could rent out for a low cost. 

Isn't that every artists dream to be able to fully pursue their work without the burdens of a modern society obsessed with having to trade actual money for goods and services. 





No comments:

Post a Comment