Monday, October 13, 2014

Favorite Fall Recipes

Hahaha I don't cook. I can only cook about 5 things 4 of which are pasta dishes and the 5th is tacos. But I have aspirations to cook so many delicious recipes, especially fall and Thanksgiving themed meals. None of the recipes that I want to cook are particularly difficult, they just take a certain amount of planning that I seem to lack entirely. I can't make a huge vat of chili without first going to the grocery store and buying more than just some cheese and bread.

Here is a bucket list of fall recipes that I want to try and cook:
-My Mom's "Forest Fire" Chili- it's not that spicy just a play on words with out last name. Anyway, its "award winning" (As in, we got 2nd place two years in a row at the church chili cook off).
-My Aunt's Sweet Potato/Regular Potato Cheesy Casserole of Deliciousness- She makes it every year for Thanksgiving and it is so good I am salivating right now just thinking about it.
-A bunch of fall themed warm alcoholic beverages- like spiked hot cider, and hot totties.
-A Pumpkin Pie- of course! How is this not at the top of my list? 
Our Pumpkin Pie from last year. 
Here is the recipe for the Chicken Green Chili that I am planning to make tomorrow for some friends:

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 45 minutes
Serves: 5-7 people

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds of boneless chicken breast (about 4 breasts)
3- 15 oz. cans of chicken broth
1 cup diced onion
2 tablespoon oil
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 cans of diced green chilis
2 cans great north white beans
1 teaspoon oregano
Shredded monterey jack cheese

Directions:
Sautee chicken and onions in oil until chicken is white
Add all the rest and simmer 1 and 1/2 hour
Serve in bowls topped with shredded monterey jack cheese
Soup can be frozen without the cheese

I greatly enjoyed my lazy fall Sunday.

Beautiful Fall colors

Lazy Sunday at Starbucks



4 comments:

  1. Your fall recipe bucket list is perfect! You've got a main, drink and desert, sounds pretty good to me ;)
    http://alovetriangle.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a regular feast! haha, except I won't make it all at once! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Yum! I always save my chili recipes for when we have cold, rainy days. SOOOO good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was cold and rainy when I made this chili tonight!

      Delete