Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Things that go Irk in the Night

The Blogtober prompt for today is all about your pet peeves. Here is the thing about me and pet peeves, I have them, lots of them, but I can't ever seem to remember any when asked.

Here are a couple that seem to be most present in my mind right now:

-When strangers try to talk to you at the bus stop and you are clearly not interested in speaking to them.

-Shoes that are left in the middle of a room, doorway, or hallway just begging to be tripped over in the dark (confession time: these are almost always my shoes)

-People who smack their chewing gum, if I am on the other side of the train car and I can hear you, we have a problem.

-When the gentlemen who live below me smoke in their house so the laundry room smells like cigarettes.

-The way the Walgreens employees always say "Be Well" after you are done with your purchase (you don't want to say it, you probably don't mean it, and I will most definitely will not be well after I finish eating these 5 bags of halloween candy and drinking this 6 pack of beer).

-People who judge me for my trashy TV choices, we all watch at least one trashy TV show.

-And currently the thing that irks me the most right now is when misinformed people cause hysteria (e.g. Ebola, not vaccinating your children, not getting the flu shot, etc...)

Man once you start listing them you can't stop!
To leave this post on a happier note, the weather here today was beautiful and so I took some great pictures while out for a walk.




I keep forgetting to link back to Taylor and Helene's blogs for this Blogtober challenge. Go and check out what other people are writing about!


7 comments:

  1. Ew, I am so sorry about your smoker neighbor! That would make me CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's pretty gross! Plus they work for my landlord... weird situation!

      Delete
  2. Haha the Walgreens one had me cracking up! Everytime I hear them I'm like yeah yeah. I'm not getting a flu shot, every! Haha the last 3 times I did I've gotten the full on flu. Which was crap! I'll share my 6 pack if you'll share yours? Hah Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work for Walgreens. And every time I have to say Be Well I die just a little. Its only fun to say to mean customers to kill them with kindness. By the way those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I am glad I wasn't far off base on my assessment of how the employees feel about it. I guess if I am buying a bunch of cold remedies and medicines it might be nice to hear though! Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  4. oh, I love the second photo,.. and I also hate it when a room smells like cigarette smoke.

    ReplyDelete