Thursday, October 16, 2014

I am an Expert in....

Nothing! I don't think I could actually consider myself an expert in anything. Which is great because it means I still have a lot to learn!

However I actually use to phrase "I am an expert..." all the time. Usually in reference to not being good at something at all.

For instance if I am chopping up mushrooms for a salad, but struggling a little bit I will most definitely be like "I am an expert mushroom chopper! If there was such a thing as a professional mushroom chopper I would have that job, and be the best at it!"
It's not a very original joke seeing as I use it all the time, but if I can't make fun of my inability to do silly everyday things then who will?

Being an expert at something is a lot of pressure! At any point throughout your day people can come up to you and say "I heard you are an expert in Kung Fu, could you look at my  Bian Tui and tell me if I have good form?" or "So Ben told me you are an expert pianist, what exactly is an arpeggio?"

Therefore, I am a-okay with continuing to be a novice in most things I do. 


SUBJECT CHANGE:
I had my last Second City Level 4 class today. Next week I start Level 5 with Anthony LeBlanc. Then this happened on the way home: 
Marco made a new sleepy friend on the train. 
I am falling more and more in love with the people in my class every week! Thanks for always making me laugh!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck in your class! Haha, what a funny picture. It is a lot of pressure to be an expert at something. It's so hard being an expert at procrastination, like myself. It's terrible! Haha. I hope your having a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in and reading! I guess I am pretty good at procrastinating too! haha

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete