Thursday, October 9, 2014

I Never Thought Blogging Would...

I never thought blogging would be so.... hard, fun, and creatively challenging.

Blogging at work while the baby is napping! 

I decided to start blogging when I moved to Chicago right after graduating college. I figured it would be a way for me to document this huge new adventure in my life and maybe even shed some light on post-college life for those who were still in school. To be honest, I was surprised when people, besides my mom and grandma, would tell me that they read my blog and loved it. I truly thought that nobody cared and nobody wanted to read about my life. Turns out I was wrong.

In the beginning it was a lot easier to write because I was constantly discovering new things about the city, about improv, and about the people I was meeting. As I started to settle into life as a bill paying, 45 hour a week working adult I found it harder and harder to write. It all seemed boring and like nobody would care. I am slowly learning that if I care it doesn't matter if anyone else cares. Plus I am super forgetful so every time I thought of a good topic to write about I would promptly forget it. But now I have the blogger app on my phone so if I think of an idea I can write it down some place I won't lose it.

Now I finally feel like I am getting the hang of it! It took me over a year to reach out to the blogging community. And frankly if it wasn't for this blogging challenge and link up it might have taken me another year. Seeing so many wonderful blogs with creative and thoughtful content has helped me to push myself during this challenge and hopefully after it as well.


13 comments:

  1. Definitely keep writing. If I liked my job a little more, I'd probably abandon my blog, but it offers real life away from that adult working life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, for me it is also a way to practice writing and find my voice. Which will hopefully help me in my comedy writing as well. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Amen! I've read and commented on so many new blogs thanks to this challenge! Hard to tell how long it would've taken me to do so had it not been for Blogtober.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been a great opportunity to connect with so many talented writers. At first I wasn't going to do it because I didn't think I could manage the commitment but I am glad I did.

      Delete
  3. I think you should definitely keep writing, if it's something that you like. Who cares who reads it or not, it's what it does for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should still write especially, if its something you enjoy..

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is really hard! it takes up so much of your time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've become so obsessed with my blog since this challenge started, thanks for hosting it!

      Delete
  6. I love your story! It has taken me a year to get comfortable, find my groove, and reach out as well. Happy to have you in the big blog community! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are such a diligent commenter, I always appreciate your feedback and kind words.

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad that I get to connect to so many different bloggers through the challenge and I'm glad I found yours as well. I just recently started, so I will be patient enough to grow into the community just as you, and many fellow bloggers, have been. Great post. xx

    ReplyDelete