Friday, October 10, 2014

If I Were President...

When I was in 5th grade we had to write an autobiography of our lives and we had to end with a chapter about our future.



I actually wish I had remembered this when I was writing the post about my dream jobs when I was a kid because I forgot about 3 pretty huge careers that I wanted to have for a long time. Anyway I had some pretty high expectations for myself as the president of the United States. Please read:


Ahh the innocence of youth. It always seemed so easy to change the world when all you need is a dream. I still feel incredibly passionate about all of these things, it just doesn't seem as easy to enact change. I feel like 10 year old me would be pretty disappointed in my current career trajectory, my only hope is that maybe comedy can make people examine the injustices in the world.

I am pretty sure, though, I would be a terrible president. I read a lot about what is going on in politics and in the world and still I am often at a loss for what it all means or how to deal with it. I can hardly make up my mind in elections over small referendums. Not to mention presidents have a bad habit of going gray while in office, due to the stress of course, and I like my chances of keeping my luscious dark locks longer if I stay away from politics.

If I were president? This is the hardest question I have had to answer. I think because being the president sounds like the hardest job you can have. At any given moment about 50% of the country hates you and everything you do. You have to be up on everything that is not only happening in America but in countries all over the world. I hardly have enough time to write a blog a day, hold down a full time job, and get at least 5 hours of sleep a night. 

I guess the answer really is, I wouldn't be. I will just resign myself to writing punchlines about presidents and political policies that I can only grasp the basic meaning of. 

6 comments:

  1. I had one of those too, it sucks that It's at my moms house so I can't add it to my post :/ I wouldn't want to be president either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is at my parents house. I called my dad and had him send me the pictures, we had a good laugh about it on the phone.

      Delete
  2. lol Yeah I'd be terrible too for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that you actually wanted to be President as a child. It NEVER crossed my mind! haha But you're so right, it has to be tough to be hated by half of the population.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember especially wanting to be the first female president!

      Delete