Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Crazy Dreams

The Blogtober prompt for today is Favorite Quote.

I have a sketch book full of quotes I have jotted down whether from songs, famous people, the bible, books, poems, or even my own head.  But it is so very hard to choose a favorite. 

When I first read this prompt the first thing that came to mind are the lyrics to Crazy Dreams by Carrie Underwood. I wouldn't even say it's my favorite song but I love the lyrics. 

Hello you long shots
You dark horse runners
Hairbrush singers, dashboard drummers
Hello you wild magnolias
Just waiting to bloom
...
Tree climbers, porch swingers, air guitar players
Here's to you fearless dancers, shaking walls in your bedrooms 
There's a lot of wonder left inside of me and you
Thank God even crazy dreams come true

Here is a link to the song on Youtube.

I love the lyrics to this song because I feel like it applies to everything I am doing here in Chicago. I used to just be this little kid who would reenact scenes from plays, sing into my hair brush, and teach myself how to do the dances from West Side Story alone in my room. And here I am in Chicago saving pennies to pursue this dream that I can't even quite put my finger on. All I know is that I want to learn as much as I can! I want to learn to play guitar, to dance, and to sing. I want to become a better writer, comedian, artist, and person.

I listen to this song sometimes when I am feeling like my dreams are so big and the chances of success are so small. But it is nice to remember that sometimes even crazy dreams do come true!

My first high school production Our Town (I was Mrs. Webb on the right)

My latest show at the Second City Training Center with my Level 4 class

6 comments:

  1. Such a great song and seemingly perfect for what's happening in your life right now. I wish you lots of success as you continue to pursue those "crazy dreams"! Stopping by via Blogtober!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song and perfect lyrics - I love the way lyrics can be just as powerful as a quote or poem! Stopping by from #Blogtober

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think a good song can hold it's own as a poem as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You take classes at the Second City Training Center?! How cool is that? Keep pursuing your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yeah, I think it's pretty cool and a lot of fun!

      Delete